Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rzamenhof@gmail.com is offline

Default Cursor doesn't "push" text forward

On Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 1:20:01 AM UTC+1, Jimmy wrote:
Hi. When I edit a Word doc and place the "blinking bar" in front of a line of
text (on the left margin) why doesn't the space bar push the text forward? If
I move the "blinking bar" after the first character in the line, the space
bar works. I have Word 2007 but it's the same in all versions of Word. Why is
this? Is it possible to fix this so the space bar push text from the
beginning of the line? Thank you.
Jimmy

Dear Jimmy:
You have received many learned suggestions, all of which I am sure are the elegant ways to solve your problem...but here's what I do: I put the cursor behind the first letter in line #2; press delete until the last letter in line #1 appears immediately behind the first letter in line #2; then I just press RETURN, and the space-bar will be able to move the entire line #2 to the right as much as I want!