Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bedford

Default date mailmerge problem

"Peter Jamieson" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I can replicate some of this (i.e. enough to see why it might not work, as
Word is simply displaying the internal representation of the date stored in
Excel ) but as soon as I apply date formats to all the cells, Word gets it
right. (Word 2003 SP2)

Two suggestions:
a. You can try changing the way that Word connects to Excel to DDE. You
can do that by checking Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at
open", then go through the Select Data Source dialog again, select your
Excel workbook, and select the DDE option when prompted. However, DDE is
sometimes unreliable, and it can only see the first sheet in your
workbook.
b. Instead of using =page2!C12 and cells formatted as dates, use cells
formatted as general or text and use
=TEXT(page2!C12,"DD-MMM-YYYY"), substituting the format you want to use in
Word in place of "DD-MMM-YYYYY"

Peter Jamieson

Thanks peter, the second option works like a charm.

Anyway I'm having big troubles with mailmerge: selecting the fields I want
(using the filter like column A is empty, column B isn't) I'm getting wrong
results, and when I open the filter again, then the filters are shown twice
or even three times.

Any idea ?