Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default No "symbols" line under "Insert" in Microsoft Word 2002

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm for more on that.

"nd" wrote in message
NorthDakota
I made the mistake of trying the shortcut for em dash and lost the symbol.

went to the link and was able to get it back. Thank-you for posting it. I

am
using Word 2003

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm .

Lee McKnight wrote:

Last May I bought a copy of Microsoft Word 2002 which I installed in

my
(then) brand new Dell laptop running Windows XP Home Edition.

Everything
worked fine until recently when I needed to insert a symbol into a

document.
When I pulled down the "Insert" window I was astonished to find that

there
was no "Symbol..." line. I re-installed the software from the

original disk
but still no "Symbol..." line in the "Insert" window. What do I need

to do
to be able to insert symbols (specifically an em-dash and an accented

'a') in
my document?
Lee McKnight