Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default HOW do I get RID OF those red and/or green squiggly underlines??

The text is probably formatted as "Do not check spelling or grammar." See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"jahyde" wrote in message
I have specifically confirmed that HIDE SPELLING ERRORS is NOT selected,
but
Word does NOT show me spelling errors on screen in new documents. How can
fix this?

"HP" wrote:

HOW do I rid a document of those green or red squiggled underlines that
MS
Word puts in as its own "take" on either the spelling of a word or the
usage?
I know the document doesn't PRINT them, but I want the recipient who
opens
it up on their screen when I send it as an attachment to NOT see these!
HELP! It's driving me nutty! [Thank you ]