WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Headers/Footers - Make them NOT preview faded

Hello TK,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I understand that you are looking for a way to make the headers and footers in your Word document not preview faded or screened back. I can definitely help you with that.

Here are the steps to make the headers and footers not preview faded in Word:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "View" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Print Layout" to switch to print layout view.
  3. Double-click on the header or footer area to open the header or footer section.
  4. In the "Design" tab that appears, click on "Header & Footer Tools".
  5. Click on "Options" in the "Navigation" group.
  6. In the "Options" dialog box, uncheck the "Different first page" and "Different odd and even pages" checkboxes.
  7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Now, you can add your logo or image to the header or footer section.
  9. Once you have added your logo or image, click on "Close Header and Footer" in the "Design" tab.

Your header or footer should now appear without the faded or screened back preview. If you want to add an image that repeats on new pages, you can use the "Watermark" feature in Word. Here are the steps to add a watermark:
  1. Go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" group.
  3. Select the watermark you want to use or click on "Custom Watermark" to create your own.
  4. Choose the options you want for the watermark, such as the font, size, and color.
  5. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your watermark should now appear on every page of your document.