Stefan Blom

1. On the Edit menu, click Replace.

2. In the "Find what" box, type no text, but specify the "Heading 1"
style: Click the Format button, and then click Style. Select "Heading
1" in the list of styles, and click OK.

3. Make sure that the "Replace with" box is cleared (no text or
formatting indicated).

4. Press Replace All.

5. Repeat steps 1--4 for each additional heading that you want to
delete.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Baggins99" wrote in message
I like use the outline view for writing articles and papers. In

outline
view, I develop my outline and then compose the text of the

article
within
each section of the outline by using body text. My problem comes

when I am
finished. I cannot find a way to drop the outline headings so

that
only the
body text remains. I have to view it in print preview and

manually
delete
every heading and subheading. Is there a better way? I am using

MS
Word
2003 Student/Teacher version.