Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to hide fomatting for links, TOC, etc

"Henrik" wrote:

All docmunets that I open expand links, TOCs etc using the formatting behind
it when I use the print layout. Example:

Instead of the TOC I see: { TOC \o "1-2" \h \z \u }

and instead of links I see {HYPERLINK WhateverURL }

How can I revert this setting that I must have turned on by accident.

You sure did!

ALT-F9 toggles the display of fields codes and field values. It is an
application-wide setting that sticks, even when we restart Word...

So, just do ALT-F9 once...