Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default All Word files suddenly appearing as Wordpad files (and other problems)

WP hasn't used .doc for several versions, though, has it?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Word Perfect and Word would fight for control of the DOC file association
hence the lost file association when you uninstalled. Repair Office from

the
Word Help menu.

wrote:
OK, thanks. I've had this notebook and Word/PowerPoint for about three
months. The only recent odd thing was that I uninstalled the trial
version of WordPerfect, and since then the Windows Installer tool
keeps popping up. Don't know if that would affect my other
applications. Thanks again!