Tim

Default cursor postion at start up in MS word 2003

I have the latest version of MS Word 2003 and when I start a new document the
cursor is flashing at the top of the page as if it was in a header box but it
is not. The page set up is set to default and irrespective of what distance
you tell the cursor to be at when opening a new doc it is always at the top
of the page. To get over the problem I click on view headers & footers and
then click cancel then the cursor returns to its default position. It is so
frustrating.

Any ideas?