Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Equations in Word 2007 compatibility mode

Once again (though since you couldn't grasp it the first time, you
probably won't get it this time either), I did not say that the icon
is giant. I said that the pi is giant, and explained why.

On Aug 19, 6:49*pm, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:
Beth,

Yes I am aware that the Ribbon will autoscale and that buttons in the
Symbols group of the Insert Tab are the first to do so. *However, I have
been looking at the same Word Ribbon for nearly 3 years with "normal" sized
controls in that group and I didn't consider Peter's screen resolution when
I stated that the icons are "normal" sized as compared to "large." *That was
an oversight, that was an error, I am *not infallible, I was wrong. *Thank
you for clearing that up.

Since it is your opinion that in one case the icon may appear "giant" even
if a "giant" among other "giants," do you have an opinion on what the OP
actually wanted? *Did he want Peter to point out what may have been already
obvious (a giant icon on the Ribbon) or did he really want to know how to
add his or her own controls to the Ribbon? We may never know, but that is
what the OP asked.

--
Greg Maxey - *Word MVP

My web sitehttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Beth Melton" wrote in message

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Here is another fact. *The pi icon near the right end of the Insert
tab of the ribbon is not "giant." In fact it is sized "normal" as
compared to "large" like some other control icons on that tab (e.g.,
WordArt, Chart, Picture, etc).

Whether the Equation button is large or regular size depends on your
screen real estate. As I'm sure you know the Ribbon will autoscale and the
buttons in Symbols group it's one of the first groups to scale on the
Insert tab and appear stacked instead of displayed horizontally with large
buttons. When there is enough room the Equation button is the same size as
the WordArt and Chart buttons. In which case it may appear "giant"
compared to say, the "Date and Time" button.

~Beth Melton-