Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deejay Deejay is offline

Default Multiple close/minimise/maximise buttons

Warning: by turning off the 'Show all windows in the Taskbar' button it
becomes awkward to find the open files other than the active one. You must go
to the Window ribbon and there go to Switch windows.

Why on earth di MS remove the second x when there is only a single file
open? I keep on having to reopen Word again again because I keep on
accidentally closing it down.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

You get two sets of buttons when "Show all windows in the Taskbar" is turned
off (Office - Word Options - Advanced - Display section).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Pretty dumb, huh?

From what I've seen, the easiest & most immediate fix for this "UI
Enhancement" is to add the Close/Close All button to your QAT.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/07 9:25 AM, in article
, "Waldszenen"
wrote:

Hi there,
In Excel 2007 and Word 2003, the top right corner of the window contains
two
sets of close, full-screen and minimise buttons; the top one for the
entire
program and the bottom one for the current active document. In Word 2007,
though, there's only one set, and it's for the entire program. Is there
any
way to go back to the old two-sets of buttons?