Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
user1945 user1945 is offline

Default Multiple close/minimise/maximise buttons

Gotta agree with you. Contrary to what Herb Tyson sez (later in this thread),
it is a very un-helpful change in the workflow for me. I did add a "close"
button to the Quick Action toolbar, but it is on the other side of the screen
from the Min/Max/Close location.

Sorry, but to me this seems to be one of those "We did it 'cause we could!"
dis-improvements to Word. No reason to remove the buttons, but they did
anyway.

"Waldszenen" wrote:

Hi there,
In Excel 2007 and Word 2003, the top right corner of the window contains two
sets of close, full-screen and minimise buttons; the top one for the entire
program and the bottom one for the current active document. In Word 2007,
though, there's only one set, and it's for the entire program. Is there any
way to go back to the old two-sets of buttons?