Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean

Default Split screen problem.

My Word 2003 has suddenly started opening all documents (whether new or
existing) with a split screen. Unless something accidentally bumped keys on
the keyboard, nothing was done to make the change. When it opens a document
now, the left hand split has a full page view and the right hand split has
the normal view. The only way I can remove it is to click on Window/Remove
Split. I've checked everywhere I can think of and I can't get rid of it
permanently. It disappears and the next time I open a document, it
reappears. Has anybody come across this before and found out how to fix it?