Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default using Word field "if" for a list item?

The forum is OK, but I believe we need a bit more information on what it is
that you are starting with (i.e. details of the data) and what you are
trying to achieve. Information on the latter is probably best conveyed by a
mock-up of the desired result.

If you can give us that, it will give a better chance of being able to help
you.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -

I'm not sure this is the exact right forum for this question, but
hopefully it's close enough!

I'm trying to use the Word field "if...then...else" in a merge-data
document. The snag is that I want to conditionally include an item in
the middle of a numbered list, but I don't seem able to imbed the list
element formatting within the "if" construct.

1. is there a way to do this with this construct?
2. is there a *better* way to do this?

Thanks for any help...

mz