Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default "Same as previous" doesn't stay set

The Same as Previous setting should only be enabled for Sections n where n
is the Section number of the first section after the front matter.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" u3143@uwe wrote in message
Word 2003, XP: We have a document with a fairly simple set of headers and
footers but it has a problem. Here's how the document is set up:

- Headers and footers are NOT different for the first page of each section
or
for left and right pages.

- The front matter has section breaks for such parts as the table of
contents.
We turned off "same as previous" for these headers and footers.

- After the front matter all the later sections have "same as previous"
going
back to section 1 (which is right after the front matter).

The problem is, after some typical work on the document, usually in later
sections, some of the headers or footers in the front section have the
"same
as previous" status (which we had turned off), and this deletes whatever
we
entered in the header or footer. Can someone suggest what the dependency
could be, or what would change the setting we used?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN