Jay Freedman

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:05:49 GMT, "-mike-"
wrote:

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"-mike-" wrote in message

I copied and pasted both of your lists into my Word 97 and got "Word Found
No Valid Records To Sort". However, when I viewed the 'non-printing'
characters I discovered that each line ends with a carriage return rather
than a new paragraph. Replacing the carriage returns with paragraphs and
then using sort works fine. hope this makes sense.

Michael

I think you may have hit upon the answer Michael! I copied the text, then
dropped it into notepad (which stripped any non visible characters) then
loaded it back into Word as a text find and re-sorted it. Now it seems to
be fine.

Not really sure where I've gone wrong, or whether there is some kind of
operation I can do in Word to remove the problem!

Cheers,

Mike.

You can use Edit Replace to do this. Click the More button. Put the
cursor in the Find What box, click the Special button, and select
"Manual line break". That puts the code ^l in the box. Then click in
the Replace With box, click Special, and select "Paragraph mark",
which puts the code ^p in the box. Click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman