Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How do I mail merge data that contains double quotes (ie, 5'9")?

FYI - I have tried placing double quotes and single quotes around the
data,
but neither work.

If you can,
a. double up the double quotes, i.e. change 5'9" to 5'9""
b. if necessary, place double quotes around the data /as well/

Otherwise, an alternative may be to replace all double-quote characters in
the data by two single quotes (which generally look identical in Word)

Peter Jamieson

"Patty" wrote in message
I am doing mail merge where the data is delimited by pipes (|). All works
fine, except occasionally the data contains double quotes (ie, 5'9") and
Word
thinks that the double quote is a delimiter rather than just part of the
data. I need to keep the double quotes, but can't find a way to get Word
ignore them. Any help?