Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce

Default automatically prompt then update in multiple places

I want to automatically prompt users and then update with the response in
certain places within proposal documents.

For example, we have proposals that currently have CUSTOMER NAME appearing
throughout a document, or DATE appearing in footers. I want to automatically
ask the proposal users what the CUSTOMER NAME should be; then, once they
respond, to have Word automatically update their answer in all the places
that CUSTOMER NAME appears. This would be faster than using Find and Replace.
Similarly, I'd like the user to be asked to populate the DATE with the date
in the future they choose (not a field code date).

This will alleviate time for the many folks who use these documents on a
daily basis. More importantly, it will eliminate the potential of the user
forgetting to make updates in all the needed places. Since these are
proposals, these are important quality issues to us.

Does anyone have any idea on how to make this prompting be automatic and
the subsequent response automatically populate too?

Any guidance will be helpful.