Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brettjg Brettjg is offline

Default Converting Word docs to pdf

Hello out there

I'm using the code below to (successfully) create a nice small file from a
Word doc using PDFCreator. I want to use this rather than Primo because the
pdf is the same quilaity but much smaller.

The question is: how can I modify this code to automatically take the
document name and save it as "Document name.pdf" into the folder of the
document origin without getting the prompts from PDFCreator?

Sub PDF_FILE_PRINT()
Dim printer_memory
printer_memory = Application.ActivePrinter
Word.ActivePrinter = "PDFCreator"
Word.ActiveDocument.PrintOut
ActiveDocument.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
Word.ActivePrinter = printer_memory
Application.OnTime When:=Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"), Name:="zz_CLOSE_WORD"
End Sub
Sub zz_CLOSE_WORD()
Application.Quit wdDoNotSaveChanges
End Sub