Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tyler T Tyler T is offline

Default Replace Section Breaks with Page Breaks Automatically?

Thanks for the assistance. That worked.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Use ^b for section breaks and ^m for manual page breaks.

To discover these symbols (and others), in Find and Replace, click the More
button. At the bottom, drop down the Special list. Note that special
search/replace characters can vary for Find what: and Replace with:. They
can also vary if the Use wildcards option is selected. In this case, don't
enable Use wildcards, and put ^b in Find what: and ^m in Replace with:.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Tyler T" wrote in message
How do I specify section breaks within the Edit-Replace command?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

You can use the Edit-Replace command to search for section
breaks and replace all with manual page breaks.

Tyler T wrote:

Can somebody tell me how to search and replace Section Breaks with Page
Breaks automatically? I have a 55-page document that came from a
merged file
and has section breaks every other page and I wish to have them be one
section for numbering, etc.

Thanks,
Tyler