Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
madchad madchad is offline

Default Replace Section Breaks with Page Breaks Automatically?

Yes!

They are....

Microsoft, please fix this!

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Are the section breaks right before tables? In that case Find/Replace
doesn't work properly, and you might have to write a macro or do it by hand.

Regards,
Klaus

"madchad" wrote:
Removing Section Breaks is a problem with Find/Replace in Office 2007.

I can't do this either. I know how to use find/replace with ^b.

Is it possible that this is a problem when using a document with section
breaks created automatically by Office after a mail merge?

I am trying to do this. When I run find/Replace on ^b, it finds all the
characters, but when trying to do replace, word responds with made 0
replacements.

Please help...

Suzanne, can you please try this? Simply create a mail merge and then try
to automatically remove the section breaks. I've spent about 30 minutes
trying different methods and the only thing that works is manual deletion.
had to do this on a 72 page document.

Thanks in advance for the help.