Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default How do I get chapter numbering to appear in cross referencing?

Word can do what you want, assuming that you have the chapter/page
numbering set up correctly. For instructions, see:

I want to include the chapter number with the page number in the
Header – how can I do this?
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ZoeElizabeth" wrote in message
I have my TOC and footers set up to use chapter numbering and page

numbering,
so they look like 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2 etc.
My document is a single document containing multiple chapters.
My cross references use the PAGEREF field.
How do I get the correct chapter numbers to appear in the cross