Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Which way do you suggest?

Hi Sarah

Sarah_Lecturer wrote:
bump....

see JoAnn's remark. Most that answer a lot of questions in here do so
not through Microsoft's web front-end, but via a proper newsreader. And
in high-volume newsgroups such as these, "bumping" might even proof
counter-productive: when in haste, I tend to pick up questions with no
answers so far.

[..]
I have a document which is in Word 2003 format open in Word 2007 (it will be
saved in 2003 format). I have headings 1 and 2 both of which are numbered.
The document goes like this
Heading 1 1
Heading 2 1.1
Heading 1 2
Heading 2 2.1

I want to add a Heading 2 at the bottom to start at 1.1 again. Would you
suggest adding a Heading 1 and use Format Font, Hide Text? Or is there
abother way I can do this? The problem is that although I would know the
text is hidden there will be other people using this document after me who
dont really understand numbering.

could you elaborate what the numbering scheme is about/why you'd want a
H2 out of order? A cross-reference on the existing H2 would not do?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |