Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default Symbols for chess pieces

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:52:23 -0500, "Jay Freedman"
wrote:

Try this, then: Make a screen shot of each piece's character, insert the
screen shot into some document, select it, and make it into a formatted ...

As a test, I got SnagIt and captured the image of a piece, and did
"insert .. file". That works well enough, except that I have two
concerns (1) if I change the background color of the text, the chess
piece background will be unchanged, (2) if the size of the font
changes, I doubt that the chess piece size will be changed. But that
might be about as close to a solution as I can get.
--
Replace you know what by j to email