Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joyce Smythe Joyce Smythe is offline

Default Merging labels for name tags

I am trying to print name tags using the mail merge. These name tags are for
use at a convention. There will be colored dots to indicate meal purchases
at this convention. I have the data in an excel spreadsheet along with meals
purchased. When I set up the name tag wizard I put two tables on the name
tag. First table includes the attendees first name. The second table
includes 5 cells, one for every meal. In order to get the dots to appear I
am formatting the second table using the font "webdings" in order to get a
colored dot. Word doesn't seem to like the webding and when I go to do the
final merge it just shuts down completely. Any ideas as to why and is there
another way I can do this.