Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott Meyers

Default Eliminating redundant spaces

I find that when I enter text in Word, it is not uncommon for me to type
multiple spaces between words or after punctuation, etc., especially when I'm
editing existing text. I'd like Word to automatically eliminate all spaces
after the first one. (This feature is called "Smart Spaces" in FrameMaker, the
word processing program I've used up to this point, and that feature is probably
one of the reasons I'm used to hitting the space bar too often.) I can't find
an autocorrect feature that does what I want, and my attempt to create an
autocorrect entry that would replace two adjacent spaces with one space failed,
because Word doesn't seem to accept two spaces as text that can be matched and
replaced.

Is there a way for me to get this functionality? I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks,

Scott