Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Pasting an Excel sheet in Word

I can't speak for the knock-offs, but if you're using Acrobat 7 to create
the PDFs there's no need to go through Word in the first place. You might
want to consider creating 2 separate PDFs - one from the Word doc, one from
Excel - then combine the two for the final report.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Eric" wrote in message
Thanks -- I am going to just use the table option due to the fact the
report
will be in Word internally and some at work are not as tech saavy :-).
Hopefully a MS will think of this in the next upgrade?!?!?!

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RXJpYw==?=,

I am trying to paste a 2 page Excel sheet into Word. How do I get the
whole
sheet to display in word? Is there a way to also have it repeat the
top row
over a page break?

This will be distilled to a PDF, so I need to see all the rows as I
can't
scroll through them once my report is complete.

Word cannot "break" a graphical object over multiple pages. That leaves
you
with two options:

1. Use the default paste option to paste the Excel table as a Word table.
You
can set the Word table to repeat header rows (select the row, then use
the
command in the Table menu)

2. Paste two individual objects from Excel, one on the first and the
other on
the second page.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland