Jay Freedman

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:09:02 -0700, status on task bar status on task
wrote:

I would like to see the page number and line number on my task bar when I am
typing a letter. I guess I am not asking the right question because I cannot
find the answer in help.

Yes, the problem is mostly with what things are called.

In Microsoft-speak, the "task bar" belongs to Windows. It's the bar
with the Start button and the icons of the running programs. The thing
at the bottom of the individual program windows is called a "status
bar", and that's what you're interested in.

If you can't see the status bar at all -- if the horizontal scroll bar
is the lowest thing you see -- then go to Tools Options View and
put a check mark on "Status bar".

If the status bar is there but the page and line numbers aren't shown,
you have "background repagination" turned off in Normal view, or
you're in Web view. If you're in Normal view, go to Tools Options
General and check the Background repagination box. Otherwise, go to
Print Layout view, where the page and line are always available.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman