Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PamC PamC is offline

Default Removing Header and Footer Sections

I recall from reading discussions here and elsewhere--discussions
explaining why it's not a good idea to put headers and footers in the normal
template--that once a header or footer has been added to a document you
cannot get rid* of the ending paragraphs marks.

So, in a document that has never had header or footer content added,
displaying formatting marks while the cursor is in the main story shows no
paragraph mark in the header or footer. But doing the same thing in a
document that at one time had header or footer content will show a paragraph
mark in the now nearly empty header or footer.

I suspect that the difference is between the capability of a header/footer
and the user created reality of it.

*But not too long ago, a Word MVP, offered a VBA way of getting rid of it.
Sorry I can't recall where I saw it.

PamC

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not surprised. I just wonder what Word is registering as a change.