Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge Project

Use a catalog, or in Word XP and later it is called "directory" type
mailmerge main document in which you insert a one row table and place the
merge fields inside the cells of that table. Do not put anything else into
the document. When you execute that merge to a new document, that document
will contain a table with one row of data for each record in the data
source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jcraig713" wrote in message
I have worked with mail merge for labels and letters but I want to take
data:
student name, absence 1, absence 2 and grade and use the merge to fill a
form like:

Student 1 Grade Absence 1 Absence 2
Student 2 Grade Absence 1 Absence2
Student 3 ...... etc.

I do not want a new form for each record, I want all records to show on
one
page much like mail merge labels would?? Can anyone help?