Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
indy indy is offline

Default problem with word 2007

HI,

thanks for your help. But I have some problems.

I'm usign XP SP2 -- I have located the key in the registry but I cannot find
any normal.dotm or dotx.... do you know exactly where is the file?

Windows to display hidden/system "is done"
files/folders to be able to see this folder and its contents.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

Indy

--
gj

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

The usual causes a

1. Misbehaving add-in.

2. Corrupted Normal.dotm.

3. Corrupted registry entry (usually the Data key).

This article describes how to troubleshoot the problem:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

If I were in your situation, I would begin by renaming Normal.dotm and the
Data key. In Vista, Normal.dotm is usually located he

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

You very likely will need to tell Windows to display hidden/system
files/folders to be able to see this folder and its contents.

The data key is located he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"indy" wrote in message
hello,

I bought the new office 2007 pro. After installing, the word didn't work
correctly. Effectively, everytime I open Word after a few seconds, word
asks
me to revcover the document and restarts. After the recovery, that takes a
few seconds again and recover the document.
Is anybod? who can help me to solve the problem?
Thanks
Regards,
Janfr01
--