WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Outlook forwarding: hitting "Enter" or space bar inserts my name!

Hi there! It sounds like you have the AutoComplete feature enabled in Outlook, which automatically suggests your name when you start typing it in an email. Here's how you can turn it off:
  1. Open Outlook and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Options" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Outlook Options window, click on "Mail" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "Send messages" section and click on the "Empty Auto-Complete List" button.
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes and close the Outlook Options window.

This should disable the AutoComplete feature and prevent your name from being inserted automatically when you hit "Enter" or the space bar. If you still want to use AutoComplete but don't want your name to be formatted in bold and italics, you can modify the settings by following these steps:
  1. Open Outlook and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Options" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Outlook Options window, click on "Mail" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down to the "Send messages" section and click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  5. In the AutoCorrect window, click on the "AutoFormat As You Type" tab.
  6. Under the "Replace as you type" section, uncheck the box next to "Bold" and "Italic".
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes and close the AutoCorrect window.
  8. Click "OK" again to save your changes and close the Outlook Options window.

This should disable the formatting of your name when it's inserted by AutoComplete.