Graham Mayor

Each pair of the six pairs of curly brackets indicates a field

{ IF{ Page } 1 "Page { ={ Page }-1 } from { ={ Numpages }-1 }" }

Type CTRL+F9
Type IF space between the brackets
Type CTRL+F9
Type Page between the second set of brackets
Complete the rest of the fields as above.
Forget the toolbar!

Eli75 wrote:
Thank you for guidance. I have now used (CTRL+F9)... however I now
get this error message
"Error! Unknown op cod for conditional.Error! Unknown op code for
conditional.Error!" and so on....
Is this because I only entered brackets {} and words PAGES and
NUMPAGES using (CTRL+F9) and selecting appropiate fileds from ToolBar
for PAGES and NUMPAGES expressions. Do I need to use similar method
for words and signs like: from, IF, , 1 and " or these can be typed
as a text.....?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

These are fields not text. You need to insert the field boundaries
{} with CTRL+F9 for each pair. Right click and toggle the display
(or ALT+F9) then F9 to update to show the result.

Eli75 wrote:
Hi Graham, I tried to copy your string into the footer but it just
got displayed as it is ... { IF{ Page } 1 "Page { ={ Page }-1 }
from { ={ Numpages }-1 }" }

Should I enter some information extra or have I made some other
mistake....? (I am using Office 2003). Thank you.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If there is only the front page causing the problem then you could
avoid section breaks altogether and simply insert a calculated
field in the header/footer . The following will start the
numbering from page 2 in the manner required

{ IF{ Page } 1 "Page { ={ Page }-1 } from { ={ Numpages }-1 }" }

Eli75 wrote:
Hi, I have difficulty to create document that thas a Front Page
that is not numbered, but numbers start from Second Page in
document and have to say "Page No from Number of Pages". The
problem is that I always get figure for Number of Pages the
number that includes Front Page....

I do know how to insert Section Breaks, I do know how to get Page
No 1 on second page of whole document BUT IT IS "Number of Pages"
that mess the whole process.