Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default why do I have to scroll from side to side to read written text

If you set 105 from the zoom dialog, it appears to hold without further
effort for new documents, but for existing documents you would need an
autoopen macro in normal.dotm containing the line

ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 105

to force the view from the view saved in the document.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It would be nice if we could define custom presets. I view a lot of
documents at 105% just because that seems to be a comfortable size for
10-12-pt TNR on my screen.

On Sep 12, 8:45 am, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
In Word 2007, if you click on the percentage shown at the left end
of the zoom slider, you'll get the Zoom dialog, which contains the
presets. This is
also available in the View tab on the ribbon.

For my part, in Word 2007 and earlier, I assigned zooming
capabilities to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Up and Down, using two macros:

Sub ZoomIn()
'
' ZoomIn Macro
'
'
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View
.Zoom.Percentage = .Zoom.Percentage + 1
End With
End Sub

Sub ZoomOut()
'
' ZoomIn Macro
'
'
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View
.Zoom.Percentage = .Zoom.Percentage - 1
End With
End Sub

And... if those aren't enough, you can zoom using Ctrl+ Mouse Wheel..

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"grammatim" wrote in message

Your template is in a hidden folder -- when you use Windows Search,
check "look in hidden folders."

Your zoom box is supposed to be in your Standard toolbar -- if it
isn't, click the down arrow at the toolbar's right end and choose
Reset.

In Word2007 the zoom box has been moved down to the right side of the
"status bar" and made minuscule with most of the presets taken away,
and provided with a useless zoom scroll bar that cannot be moved with
any sort of precision.

On Sep 12, 6:54 am, colinsp
wrote:
Thank you Graham, for your reply.
I have searched for Normal.dot through "Search" in the start menu,
and the
result was negative! It is not in my computer under files and
folders. I do not see a 'zoom' button on the toolbar of Word either.
Any other ideas?!!
regards
Colinsp

--
cat

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
Change the zoom setting -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

colinsp wrote:
I have XP Prof + SP3, using Office 2003. Just re-installed windows
and
office. Now the text, although format is selected as size 12, it
appears as size 14 or larger on the page, and the text goes out of
sight. Which means that I have to scroll from side to side to read
it.
Any advice on correction of this will be appreciated.-