Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Unidentified Object

Send it to the link on my web site and I will have a look.

Freshman wrote:
Dear Graham,

Thanks for your reply. However, I still cannot delete the line even
though I select the whole sample letter and press Ctrl + Q. Please
note that the line is a short and dimmed one (something like the
words in Header & Footer under normal view). I believe the creator
wanted to draw a line for the signer to sign under the authorized
signature. I cannot select it and I cannot choose "None" in the
Format l Borders & Shading. Please advise anything I can do about
this line.

Thanks in advance.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

Freshman wrote:
Dear experts,

I received a letter from other party which I want to use it as a
sample letter. However, in the sample letter, I see a gray (or
dimmed) line under the authorized signature (the end part of the
letter). As the line is no use to the letter, I tried to click the
line and delete it but the line could not be clicked. I then tried
to copy the letter contents without the line to a new document, the
line was still there. As I've no clue what the line is about, what
can I do to delete it. Please advise.

Thanks a million.