Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nlorenz nlorenz is offline

Default Automatic bullets and numbering question

The automatic numbering/bullet function for Word 2003 usually advances the
"outline" level by hitting tab. For example, if the first line is 1. when you
hit enter and then tab you should get 1.1. My Word used to do that and now it
doesn't. When I hit tab it just moves the cursor over without taking the
outline character with it. I can advance each one using the increase indent
button but that is time consuming and annoying. If anyone knows how I can fix
this I would be very grateful. Thanks.