Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
USEN USEN is offline

Default Paste large Excel spreadsheet into Word

Hi Tricia,

What version of Excel & Word are you using? If 2007 like mine, you can
simply copy the Excel spreadsheet, open Word and paste it. After it has been
pasted, click on the little "paste options" icon and choose to either: keep
the source formatting and link to Excel or Match Destination table stype and
link to Excel. NOTE: Do NOT close the Excel spreadsheet until AFTER you've
made chosen one of these options. If you try to copy the spreadsheet and
close it before your paste it into Word, the option to "link" it to Excel
won't be available to you.

Once linked to Excel...any time you make changes to the Excel spreadsheet,
it will automatically change in the Word document as well.

"Tricia Butler" wrote:

Thank you so much for the responses. I did paste as an Excel object because
there are formulas, and numbers I would like to have the capability of
changing with recalculation in the future. Is it possible to maintain an
interactive format and have the spreadsheet still expand to multiple pages?

Also, I selected a range to insert but the object is the entire spreadsheet
and multiple tabs. I broke each tab into a separate file, which is better.
However, I still can scroll down to blank lines and potentially just see
blank rows or columns in my Word document. Thanks again

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that if you pasted as an Excel object, the behavior you are describing
is to be expected, since Word does not allow objects to extend across pages.
Instead, make sure to paste in RTF (table) format, if necessary via the
Paste Special dialog box (Home tab | Paste | Paste Special).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tricia Butler" Tricia wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that one and a half pages long. When I insert it into
Word, it cuts off after one page. Is it possible to have a spreadsheet
continue to multiple pages in Word?