Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Default Problem with mail merge

Yes, I have the next record field in there. I realized after I posted that
it probably has something to do with the fact that I put a graphic on each
card, but I can't remember how to include a graphic the right way.

"sg" wrote:

You need to have the {NEXT} field on the 2nd and subsequent labels (cards).
If you set it up as labels from the beginning of the mail merge wizard, it
should do this for you. If it didn't, you can use the Mail Merge toolbar and
choose Next record from the Insert Word Field drop down menu. This should be
inserted at the beginnig of the 2nd and subsequent labels before you put in
any of the merge fields.

Hope that helps!

"LeAnne" wrote:

I am making membership cards, setting them up as mail merge labels and
merging names from a database. When I click on Preview or Finish the Merge,
I get one name on all 10 cards of the first page, the second name on all 10
cards of the second page. I just want 1 name per card. What am I missing?
Thanks.