Meguy Meguy is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have a file which has horizontal lines that I've created by entering ---
(three hyphens) plus Enter, which Word changes into a page-wide horizontal
line.

I'd like to use Find to find-and-replace them. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.
Feel like I'm travelling back in time to answer this thread and you'll probably no longer be interested. This is, however, the first Google result and I have found a simple work around.

So here it is, 10 years late.

If you just want to remove all of them -- and you don't have any other paragraph borders in the document that you want to keep -- then select everything (Ctrl+A), go to Format Borders & Shading, select No Border (make sure the Apply To box is set to Paragraph), and click OK. Think you can also change the colour there if you reapply the borders how you want them. Probably all borders, then turning off the right and left one.

You can also change --- into horizontal lines by doing this. Do a find and replace (ctrl+H) on the --- then set the replacement to be --------------------------------------- (the width of the page) Set the formatting of these dashes to underline, change their colour to white. Et Voila, you now have something similar to the border lines.

Best wishes,
Meguy, 2018