Bert Coules

Doug,

See the article "Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In 15 Minutes" at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm

Thanks for that. I had a look at it, but to be frank, it's "aren't I
clever" smugness annoyed me rather than helped. Is this automated,
choose-from-menus really the only approach?

I suppose I do have to get used to the illogical vocabulary of objects and
methods and all the rest, but really, isn't it just possible to write a
macro as one used to write a simple program in early Basic, with Starts and
Ends and Loops and If/Thens and all the rest?

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk