Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rajkohli

Default Auto Text vs. Auto Correct

This is post is for everyone out there.

Autotext vs. Auto Correct
================

After reading your post, I have tried it very first time and I get imaging
results.
What I did is as follows?

Scenario
======
I want Word to whenever I write "Muskan" and put a space, it place my
daughter's picture instead.

Solution
=====
1. I insert my daughter's picture from Insert - Picture - From File
3. Then I open "Organize Clips" through Insert - Picture - Clip Art
4. From File menu, I choose - Add Clips to Organizer - On My Own
5. I browse for my daughter's picture which was in .JPEG format.
6. Then I insert the Clip Art (Snap of my daughter) in the Document.
7. Reduce the size according to requirement.
8. After that I select the picture and choose Tools - Auto Correct.
9. In the "Replace" box I type Muskan and in "With..." box my daughter's
picture was already there (because it was already selected) and Formatted
Text was already selected. I had used Auto Correct before only for Plain and
Special Formatted Symbols like "ΒΌ" but not for pictures.
10. Press Ok to save it.
11. To try it, I type Muskan and put a space. Imazingly it change to her
picture with the same size.

So whats the stuff is all about is?
Next time, whenever I will like to insert my favorite pictures again and
again. I only have to type the name.

Here is some more.
You can also add the same name in "Auto Text" entries to work much faster.

Your comments will highly be appreciated.

"rabbieburns" wrote:

How do I enter handwritten signatures in Word Autotext in Word 2003