Alasdair Crockett

Default Headers & Footers Again!

Hi Folks, yet another small problem I am encountering with headers & footers.
(My op system is windows XP pro & WORD 2000, my night class is using windows
98)
When I get the" House Style Sheet" for various test papers the header &
footer information is always different, ie:sometimes the header needs to
contain canditate name and centre number(alignment centre) automatic file
name (aligned right) Footer may be automatic field date, English format
(alignment left) automatic page number(aligned right)etc.(this always varies
with each test paper)my problem is that I cannot insert most of these items
without the whole thing moving with the insertion of the second requested
alignment.I can acheive the above by a mixture of tabbing and using the space
bar but I dont think the Examiners when my final test comes and they toggle
on the pilcrow to see my formatting will appreciate my method for inserting
required alignments! Can anyone
tell me what I am doing wrong ? I have read the article on using headers &
footers at earthlink.net but it does not seem to address my problem, or maybe
the way I am doing the insertions is ok. Would someone please be kind enough
to put me straight please.
Regards,
..
--