Alasdair Crockett

Thank you both,
(Charles & Terry) I found both your answers of use.
As A little footnote to this : I sat the first part of my Clait Plus exam
last night and got everything just right in the time allowed(thank you guys)
then with 5 minutes to go my night class pc locked up and would not let me
save my work or print it !(I had been making saves all through the 2 hour
period) The tutor could not even fix the problem and in the end he had to
switch off the pc (Alasdair crys here ;-( ) I lost all my work (as would be
Expected on win 98) and even my floppy was scrambled except for original
files but not the new test document! As a cosolation prize I will be allowed
to resit part 1 on Thursday at a different night
school. I just hope the pc's there are better than the one i worked on last
night.
So Thanks again to you all,
Kindest Regards,
Alasdair.
"TF" wrote:

That's quite correct but if you have changed the page margins from
Microsoft's defaults, you will need to go into the Headers and Footers
STYLES and change the tab stops for Centre and Right to fit the new page
width.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
: Look at the formatting of the header and footer styles. They have center
: tabs and right tabs set in them by default. This does not involve
alignment!
: --
:
: Charles Kenyon
:
: Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word
:
: Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
: Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide
:
: See also the MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word which is awesome!
: --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
: This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
: and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
: from my ignorance and your wisdom.
:
: "Alasdair Crockett" wrote in
: message ...
: Hi Folks, yet another small problem I am encountering with headers &
: footers.
: (My op system is windows XP pro & WORD 2000, my night class is using
: windows
: 98)
: When I get the" House Style Sheet" for various test papers the header &
: footer information is always different, ie:sometimes the header needs to
: contain canditate name and centre number(alignment centre) automatic
file
: name (aligned right) Footer may be automatic field date, English format
: (alignment left) automatic page number(aligned right)etc.(this always
: varies
: with each test paper)my problem is that I cannot insert most of these
: items
: without the whole thing moving with the insertion of the second
requested
: alignment.I can acheive the above by a mixture of tabbing and using the
: space
: bar but I dont think the Examiners when my final test comes and they
: toggle
: on the pilcrow to see my formatting will appreciate my method for
: inserting
: required alignments! Can anyone
: tell me what I am doing wrong ? I have read the article on using headers
&
: footers at earthlink.net but it does not seem to address my problem, or
: maybe
: the way I am doing the insertions is ok. Would someone please be kind
: enough
: to put me straight please.
: Regards,
: .