Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default how do i enable the old menu bar

Did you find the modeless Format dialog box? It's the one you can use to
change multiple options, each change you make can be viewed immediately
(which is great when you're not sure about the specific look you're after)
and since it's modeless you can leave it open, select another element and
modify it as well - no need to open and close dialog boxes.

I've found this method to be far more efficient than double-clicking an
element, make my changes, click OK, find out I didn't like something,
double-click the element again, make more changes, click OK and repeat the
process for each chart element I want to modify.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"joe_btfsplk" wrote in message

As an example, in Excel the simple reformatting of a line on a graph used
be accomplished by double-clicking on the line, and adjusting all line
characteristics at once. Now, the double-clicking doesn't work, and each
individual line characteristic must be changed individually, in a number
of
different windows.