Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lorrwill lorrwill is offline

Default Can not center text

I will try this when I get back to my office. The evil document in question
definitely was not set up with columns but there may be a bit of spaghetti
code tucked away in there somewhere. I have found some buggy behavior in
other Word documents that makes me wonder whether someone did some less than
desirable tweaking to the global template.

Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Though I share CyberTaz's confusion, I'll charitably assume that you're
using landscape orientation. If so, try this:

1. Format | Columns.

2. Set "Apply to" to "Whole document."

3. Click on the preset picture for One (even if 1 column is already
selected); this will check the "Equal column width" box.

4. OK.

"lorrwill" wrote in message
This is a very bizarre thing: the text is centered just fine in a letter
sized document, but change the page size to legal and the centering is

still
for letter.
I checked the styles and formatting and there is nothing to explain this.
Ditto with clearing all the formatting and then trying to center. I also
tried creating a center tab - also didn't work.

The page does have a page border but I also found nothing in those

settings
to explain why the document text will not recognize the new page size.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks.