Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default why can't i send doc by email

Make sure you have "Mail as attachment" checked on the General tab of Tools
| Options.

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a somewhat different situation. I have four different computers in
the house, all running XP Pro with Office 2003. The most recent addition
is
an IBM laptop. Like all the others, I have configured Thunderbird as the
default e-mail client, but have my girlfriends e-mail running through
Outlook
Express. On the the other three computers, I can e-mail and open office
document by doing the file, send to mail recipient option. I usually send
it
as an attachment. On the most recent computer, that option is grayed out.
When I change the default e-mail client to Outlook Express, I have the
option to send e-mail, but not as an attachment, only with e-mail program
opening up with in the Word document. Is there some setting on this
computer
that I am missing?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Monkey1,

Email from Word 2007 with Outlook Express
======

With Word 2007 and Windowx XP, if MS Outlook Express is set as the
default email client within Outlook Express and if within Word
you customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) (Alt, T, O, C) and use the
'all commands' list and add the 'Send to Email Recipient'
then when working within a Word 2007 document you should get, when
clicking on that added icon, the same 'envelope' for addressing
the currently opened Word document and sending it from within Word that
you would get under older versions of Word from
File=Send to=Mail Recipient.

MS Office Outlook isn't required in that scenario.

Note that when receiving an email generated from Word and received in
Outlook Express that OE may not honor the expected graphics
sizes you were using.

Exporting Group email Addresses from OE
As far as moving or copying a set of Outlook Express addresses to a
different email program, what email programs have you tried to
use and what steps were you following?

There is a feature in Outlook Express that allows you to add email
addresses that only appear within the context of the group.
There are some 3rd party utilities that can extract the names, but one
way to do it is to create a blank email addressed to the
group then save it to the draft folder, open it and all of the email
addresses are available in the 'to' line, including the
'mystery' ones.

==============
"Monkey1" wrote in message
Well, first of all, I don't think I should have to but I tried to do
this
before and many of my addresses in OE will not move over to any email
program. I have a large number of groups and names that don't show up
except
in these groups (they're sort of greyed out in OE) and when I attempted
this
before, those names did not show up. Maybe i should give it another go
as I
do have a current back up of all my contacts. I just find this an
enormous
PITA.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)