Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hazel Hazel is offline

Default why can't i send doc by email

Thank you so much!!! I have XP and have just installed Office 2007 Home &
Student. It was diving me crazy that I couldn't do send email from a Word
doc as I used that function quite a bit. Once I found how to get the send to
icon I had the solution.

Hooray!!!

"OspreyEye" wrote:

As I see it now, there is no way to correct the "disappearing grayed out
Email link" under the Pie Plate yet. HOWEVER, there is a way of having this
internal function available WITHOUT correcting the Pie Plate issue, and to
create an even more accessible function key for sending EMail.

Put the SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT link on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
instead of the EMAIL link. The EMAIL link on the QAT is also grayed out on my
MS WORD 2007/Vista and cannot be used.

To place this link on the QAT, go to the QAT dropdown on MS Word 2007. Drop
down to:
MORE COMMANDS
CHOOSE COMMANDS FROM:
ALL COMMANDS
SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT

After you have added the SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT to the QAT, use that to send
the document you are working on to the recipient. This works on VISTA with MS
WORD 2007 and OUTLOOK EXPRESS. You will not need the EMAIL link on the QAT,
just the SEND TO MAIL RECIPIENT.

Forget the Pie Plate EMail link; leave that to MS to work out on a later
mod. Let me know if this does not work on your combo of programs. Also,
please tell me why this works on mine.

Safe travelling - blue side up!