Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sadler Sadler is offline

Default How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside down?

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

You can't rotate text 180 but you can rotate 90 in both directions
(effectively giving you 180).

You need to use either a table or a text box. Both of these have a "Text
Direction" option which allows one to have text arrayed down the page facing
left or right. To have it facing up and down, just rotate your page!

BUT, if you want to see a bug in Word (all versions), try the following:

Create a new landscape document. Use either the table method or the text-box
method for creating a tent card with rotated text on both sides of the tent.

With the text-box method, placing any graphic on the page makes the text
boxes disappear. With the table method bitmaps can be placed (using "above
text") but graphics elements (e.g. lines) cannot be placed without moving
other graphic elemnents or the text in the cells - even if they are set to
wrap "above text".