Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy O. Kathy O. is offline

Default Word 2003 (Office 2003) in Vista Home Premium Edition

I have Word 2003 on my XP Professional laptop -- and recently purchased a
new laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium as the operating system. Now no
matter what I do, I cannot get the text to speech to work -- There is the
Speech option available from the tools menu in Word, but it does not have the
convert text to speech option. I desperately need this as I write technical
data and really find that after I type long and involved 'narratives' on
procedures, it is help to 'hear how what I typed 'sounds.'

I really hate that things don't work well at all in Vista -- everythingj is
such a hassle.