Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Default Para Styles

Am I missing something here.

Yes!

Styles are used (among other things) for achieving consistency. Suppose you have
a set of documents of similar and consistent appearance - say Policy Documents.
Suppose also that they have been carefully crafted using styles.

If a new CEO mandates a change of style and appearance (different font, colour,
size etc etc) then all you have to do is modify the styles in the attached
template
(often Normal.dot), and ALL related documents will immediately 'adopt' the new
appearance. In your case, the previous text adopts the appearance of the
modified style - consistently.

If you do not want this to happen, then apply direct formatting to the text.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have setup a style for Heading 1 . The followed by paragarph is
"Normal"

After completing 3 Heading 1 , I decide to change the style of para to
follow Heading 1 to say 'Funky".

At this point the problem is this change is applied to Heading 1 ONLY
going forward. This does not change the paragarph style following
Heading 1 - 3.

However if I change the style of Heading 1 itself say change the font
size of Heading 1 , word applies it to ALL occurences. My questions is
why does the same not apply to paragraph following the headers?

Am I missing something here.

Thanks